Re: [Exim] Where do you find what other packages are require…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Where do you find what other packages are required?
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> now that we're on topic... is it just me, or exim (3.22 at least,
> don't really remember any earlier version) really can't be compiled
> without pam on linux systems ?

Well, when I was testing it I just plonked the source onto a Linux
system, did not do anything about PAM, and it compiled just fine.

> took the 3.22 sources and debian diffs from a deb mirror,

I have no knowledge of what Debian do to it. Maybe their diffs insist on
PAM. Certainly the base distribution does not. You have to put
SUPPORT_PAM=yes in your Local/Makefile to cause Exim to expect PAM.