Re: [Exim] Handle only some addresses in a domain?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Joe Frost
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Handle only some addresses in a domain?
> > I have a situation where I want EXIM to handle only some of the
> > addresses in a domain. Our US office is the primary MX for this domain
> > and it is company policy to address all emails using this domain rather
> > than a sub-domain.
> > I want my local copy of EXIM to catch any outgoing messages that would
> > otherwise be passed to the US server, converted to a sub-domain style
> > address and then passed back to my local server for local delivery.
> > Is this possible?
>
> Take a look at Q0308 in the FAQ.

This appears from the description to solve my problem, but I'm not sure
if I understand it correctly:

         special_local:
           driver = domainlist
           local_parts = whatever...
           domains = whatever...
           route_list = * localhost byname
           self = local

What should be inserted in the "local_parts =" and the "domains ="
sections assuming that my local domain is xyz.com, and the domain that
I want to catch some address for is abc.com?

Ideally I would like the decision as to whether an address is local or
not to be made based on whether an LDAP lookup succeeds or not, is this
at all possible?

Thanks for your help,

Joe