[Exim] WG: bsmtp, etrn, etc.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philipp Gaschütz
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] WG: bsmtp, etrn, etc.
Hey all!

I hope I'm not getting to confusing here, and hope someone can help ;) ...

I scripted together a small config with 2 versions of Exim (both 3.22) and a
perl script, that is supposed to do the following:

- Exim #1 receives mail for foo.com and saves it in bsmtp format (in ie.
/var/spool/bsmtp/foo.com/new/<one file per mail>)

- Exim #2 is listening on a different interface and executes the perl
script, once a user has authenticated and issued an "ETRN"

The Perl script then creates a tmp configure file, in which:
    - a router (bsmtp_router) is configured with
        "route_list = * <host which authenticated>"
        --> causes all mails (which use this tmp config) to be routed to a special
host

    - the corresponding (smtp)transport has included
        "fallback_hosts = mail.isp.com"
        --> in case the client disconnects while exim tries to deliver the mail...

the, the perl script feeds all waiting messages back into exim using:
exim -C <tmp config> -bS

"Basically" everything works... ;)
Someone using Exchange 2000 (uarg) connected, authenticated, issued ETRN,
the perl script created the tmp config and kicked all the mails into exim (~
60 mails)...
exim delivered 10 mails to the client host, after that, all mails have been
delivered to the fallback_host...

anyone has any ideas?

thanks for any hints...

philipp