Re: [Exim] Sendmail compatibility

Author: Ken Bailey
To: alexpro
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sendmail compatibility
Alexey Promokhov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm now trying to install FidoGate. It starts Sendmail as
>
> sendmail -fusername@domain
>
> But Exim don't starts in such way, it wrotes:
>
> exim: neither action flags nor mail addresses given
>
> Does it possible to make Exim accept recipient address not from command
> line, but from message itself? Or I need to patch FidoGate?

apart from the need for a space after the -f option you will probably
need to ensure that the user that sending the mail is a trusted user:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec_5.html#SEC73

Ken
--
# Ken Bailey, Computer Section,   #    Email: K.Bailey@??? #
# The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, #      Tel: +44 (0)20 8332 5729    #