Re: [Exim] Lookup file format

Author: Oliver Cook
To: brian.wilkinson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Lookup file format
On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 02:09:40PM -0000, brian.wilkinson@??? wrote:
> I have looked through the mailing list archives and can only find the
> question (9/11/2000 posted by Robert Rotman) but not the answer!!
>
> Are there any guidelines as to what size a file needs to be to merit using
> cdb or dbm format? Does cdb format offer significant performance benefits
> over dbm?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Brian Wilkinson

I'm not sure at what size cdb databases become worth it; but in case you're
after some indication of speed with large databases, we are currently verifying about 80 addresses a second from a 300mb cdb database on some pretty standard hardware.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???      020 7903 3000 ext. 291