Re: [Exim] Classic lock file hitching post problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Classic lock file hitching post problem
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I'm persisting because of the surprise suggested in your last reply.
> Otherwise, I'd just assume that I'm being an idiot and continue with the
> hack-around I'm using now.

Er, I'm afraid you are being an idiot. :-) See below.

> By the way, is it really sensible behaviour to fail on forward-file
> lookup failure, instead of defaulting to delivery into /var/mail (or
> wherever)?

Yes. If a user has set up a forward file so that they expect their mail
to be forwarded to some other mailbox, and the forward file contains a
syntax error, I don't believe there is any point in delivering into the
local mailbox, where the user won't think of looking. Better to bounce
mail so that somebody gets alerted somehow.

> never_users = sendmail : root

                ^^^^^^^^

> system_aliases:
> driver = aliasfile