[Exim] Too many recipients -- how can sender split

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: george young
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Too many recipients -- how can sender split
I am using a system that has exim 3.16. There is a mailing list,
maintained as a file writable to me, pointed to by /etc/aliases entry
like:
mainlist: :include: /usr/foo/mailing-lists/bar/mainlist.ml

This mailing list now contains around 1600 addresses. Most of the
addresses are internal to the organization so most go to a single
mx'd mail server, which recently has started rejecting many of my
messages with "Too many recipients" error.

[I send mail with emacs RMAIL, just putting <mainlist> in the To addr.]

Is there some normal way of dealing with this situation? I don't know
too much about the exim architecture, but it seems like there may be
some place where a simple filter could be inserted to split a message
and send two or more copies to subsets of recipients.
[hmmm -- should the message-id be the same or different?]

My machine doesn't have a lot of throughput, so the solution doesn't need
to be really fast, but something I have minimal sys-support, so something
simple would be best.

Thanks,
    George