Re: [Exim] Distributions... package management

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Marc Haber, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Distributions... package management
On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 07:44:12PM +0000, Mark Baker wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 12:12:04PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
>
> > >I made full featured 3.22 packages, I'll try to make them available
> > >tomorrow.
> >
> > What is wrong with Mark Baker's work? He is the official Maintainer
> > for Debian's exim packages.

Mark does a fine job, I actually used his package. I just needed a few more
things than his package had (because he has to watch dependencies, and I
don't :-d), and added a few improvements of my own

> My packages don't include perl, or mysql or pgsql support. I assume that's
> what Marc meant by "full featured".

Yep (plus a few more things like ldap2 and TLS with woody package backports)

Here's ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/people/merlin/exim-3.22/README
I built exim debian packages for our mail server.
I've also added pam, ldap2, SSL/TLS, mysql and perl support

I improved the cron job to do better log rotation and archive daily eximstats
runs (the eximstats itself, is a version I improved myself to log more things)
The cron jobs are configurable from /etc/default/exim

I do not even pretend to know how to build a debian package, I just modified
the package from Marc Haber (the debian maintainer)
The source package may work, I don't know, I just built it :-)
(the binary does work, I use it on one mail server)

I've also included other debian packages that are necessary for this binary
and rebuilt for potato (glibc 2.1)

Marc
2001/03/02

It's all here:
ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/people/merlin/exim-3.22/

README
exim_3.22-4.diff.gz
exim_3.22-4.dsc
exim_3.22-4_i386.deb
exim_3.22.orig.tar.gz
eximon_3.22-4_i386.deb
libldap2_2.0.7-2_i386.deb
libsasl7_1.5.24-4.1_i386.deb
libssl096_0.9.6-1_i386.deb

Marc

PS: Marc (Haber that  is), don't hesitate to steal anything  you'd like from
my package, like the eximstats diffs, the cron jobs and so forth.

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key