Re: [Exim] Preserve header files

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Yann Golanski
Para: Hubbard, Matt
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Preserve header files
On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 04:43:01PM -0000, Hubbard, Matt wrote:
> I'm frequently asked if I can provide information about messages that have
> gone through our system in cases of reported abuse, and the answer is
> typically: "Yes if I had the headers, but I don't".
>
> I don't think that increasing log verbosity or preserving msglogs would
> provide the desired information.

Yes it will do. All the information you really want is in the logs.

> Does anyone think this is a particularly bad idea?

Yes. Unless you have VASTE amount of storage space. In that case it
would be easy to hack the exim source code. You want to add something
like link(old, new, whatever...) before the unlink of the -H file.
Simple really.

> Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to achieve this?
> I'm thinking along the lines of hardlinking the header files into a
> different directory (dir name based upon date).

man link
man unlink
man vi
man make