Re: [Exim] The fundamentals document

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Exim Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] The fundamentals document
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Phil.Pennock@??? said:
> > What interest is there in developing this document using the
> > Exim-Users list? Or on a new list? I can run up a MailMan (sorry)
> > list easily. I can even turn <email-fundamentals@???> into a
> > list instead of an alias pointing to me. ;^) Or are people happy
> > having revisions of the document posted here, discussion here, etc?
>
> I'm happy either way - I can also spin you up another list on exim.org
> without any problems. I have a slight preference to having a separate
> list - especially if we can get non-exim people involved (they might
> appreciate not being buried in exim-users, we should benefit from a
> different world view).
>
> jeff@??? sugegsted (paraphrased - not quoted):-
> - move to sourceforge - as a non-denomination project
> - use higher level markup for the document

My only suggestion is there there should _always_ be an up-to-date,
plain ascii copy. That is about the only format that is guaranteed to be
readable by just about anyone, and the easiest to include excerpts from
in an email message (Eg, even if I'm on a VT100 terminal or a TTY, I can
still read plain ASCII)