[Exim] Delaying outgoing mail

Author: garyjones
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Delaying outgoing mail
Okay, please don't get mad. I've RTFM'd and I've looked in the
archives, but being new to exim I'm still confused (so many
options, so much terminology...).

I'm on a dialup, and what I want to do is delay anything that might
cause a connection to be established (including dns lookup for the
smarthost) until I tell exim to go ahead, i.e. when I'm connecting for
some other reason. Like I say, I looked this up in the docs, but I'm
still confused, as there seem to be two (very similar) options which
look like they might work, but I'm even confused about where in the
config file one of them should go. Can anyone spend a couple of
minutes explaining it to me in words of one syllable, please?

--
Gary

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!