Re: [Exim] dns timeouts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: paul spandler
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] dns timeouts
Hi

Philip Hazel wrote:
> It all depends on what is causing the delay. Run a test with -bh to find
> out what lookups it is doing. At a guess, it may be host_lookup, if
> that's at its default setting.

I reverse lookup all inbound connections:

host_lookup = 0.0.0.0/0

...the server only handles around a thousand inbound and outbound
messages per day (so the overhead isn't great.) There will be a delay
here if that particular lookup isn't cached.

Also, I have set rbl_domains to:

rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com : dul.maps.vix.com : \
    relays.mail-abuse.org : inputs.orbs.org

...so there will be more delays here too.

I did a -bh test yesterday and saw delays at host_lookup and each rbl
lookup. For information, I'm running Exim 3.20 on 32bit Sparc Solaris 7
(I forgot to mention it yesterday!)

I'm wondering if there's anything that can be altered to make the delays
tranparent to the users. If DNS can't resolve, then there's going to be
a delay :-(

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks again

Paul