[Exim] [OT] Global timezone map

Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: [Exim] [OT] Global timezone map
Hello,

One of our managers received a message with the PST (I think) timezone
abbreviation. He then asked one of the postmasters what the GMT offset of
PST was (not knowing where PST was either). Well we knew that PST was the
Pacific timezone and so took a stab at the west coast of the USA (which
seems to be about right). As to the GMT offset we had to resort to my little
diary which has a small map in it! The offset is about -8 hours.

I thought it would have been handy to have a small map of the world with
timezone abbreviations on it. So I have now spent ages looking over the web
trying to find one - I couldn't. I can find maps with the GMT offset on
them, but not with the abbreviations. Finding a list of the abbreviations is
hard enough as well.

So, does anyone know where this info may be? I also thought this sort of
thing was in the small pocket diaries, but it's not in mine (only GMT offset
s) - so I can't just write the abbreviations onto a map.

Thanks,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???