[Exim] receiver_verify

Autor: Oliver Cook
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] receiver_verify
I am wondering whether receiver_verify would be run in this situation:

A message is received, and is passed to the routers because the domain is not
in local_domains. One of the routers however deems the message to be local and
passes it back to the directors, which then deliver the message by means of a
pipe to a binary "deliver". "deliver" returns error code 67 if the account
does not exist, or delivers the message normally otherwise. (deliver verifies
accounts by various database lookups etc.)

From my testing, it seems that Exim doesn't run receiver_verify in this case.
Is it because the message was not accepted as local, and so Exim thinks it's
not worth verifying it?

Cheers,

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???      020 7903 3000 ext. 291