Re: [Exim] Can I use ${perl{...}} in local_domains somehow ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Peter Galbavy
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Can I use ${perl{...}} in local_domains somehow ?
> What do you actually want to do? Do you want to
>
> (a) Expand the text of local_domains so that it is a different list
> every time?
> (b) Run a perl program that says "yes this is a local domain"?
>
> These are very different things. In (a) the Perl program returns a list
> of local domains to be checked; in (b) as long as it succeeds the domain
> is considered local.

The first - pass $key to a Perl script, done through the second in this
case. I suggest that the first case is a generalisation of the second.

> It could go on a wish list, but I'd like to know exactly what the
> real underlying requirement is first. [In Exim 4, for those that have
> been following, there will be no inbuilt concept of "local domains", but
> there will still be domain lists, of course.]

Our specific requirement is to (at this stage) strongly consider using a
Perl API to our backend database. I could use pgsql - and was in testing -
but to get the same abstraction as other (non-exim) parts of the system, it
is desirable to try using ${perl}.

In general, I could see a future time when people may write, and you may
accept ${tcl} , ${python}, ${...} whatever, as valid expansion operators
using all the other well known embeddable scripting languages. That was the
thought in the back of my head to do 'expand' rather than 'perl' as a
lookup.

Peter