Re: [Exim] does rbl_domains work with lookups ?

Autor: Gary Palmer
A: Peter Galbavy
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] does rbl_domains work with lookups ?
"Peter Galbavy" wrote in message ID
<01f801c09d7f$a00a2240$77cb87d4@???>:
> John Horn said:
> > I'd say you cannot do it (as things stand). The rbl_domains config option
> is
> > a string, but not expanded - hence you can't use ${lookup...}.
>
> What are the chances something as simple as this would work:

Peter,

The way I was thinking of doing it would be to export the results of
exims rbl lookups into variables (each rbl domain in a seperate
variable) and then use a perl-enhanced smartuser director to make the
rejection decision. That way, it can be as fine as a per-user basis.
The problem with doing it in rbl_domains itself is that the lookup is
done before you know what user and/or domain the mail is coming for.
Its done during the initial TCP connection setup. So unless you have
one exim instance (or one IP address) for each customer, and you can
check what customer the mail is destined for on that basis, I don't
think your plan will work.

Yours,

Gary