Re: [Exim] Can I use ${perl{...}} in local_domains somehow ?

Author: Peter Galbavy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can I use ${perl{...}} in local_domains somehow ?
> Is there someway I have missed, or should I be offering to write a
> "transparent" (or maybe "expand") query lookup that actually does a simple
> string expansion ?

To follow up my own post, I have now created an "expand" lookup type type
appears to do the right thing in local_domains. Assuming it can do the same
for "query = expand..." sections in directors then I will be a happy camper.

I now am testing:

    local_domains = expand;${perl{local_domains}{$key}}

The code is very simply a slightly modified testdb lookup, with an
"expand_string()" replacing the FAIL/DEFER checks.

Phil, can this please go on the wish list if there is no other/better way to
do this ? I have no idea what the performance will be like until the rest of
the framework is built for our new system and testing can happen, but our
reason behind all this is to hide all the backend "provisioning" database in
a perl API.

I am happy to provide the code, but it is really "trivial" for someone who
remembers to update all the right build files ;-)

Peter