[Exim] "privacy" issues in list delivery

Author: Peter Galbavy
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] "privacy" issues in list delivery
I am relooking at the way we support mailing lists in our exim install in
advance of moving over to putting all the configs in an SQL backend.

As part of this, I am looking at the "privacy" options that we could offer.
I have two issues:

1. Technical; is there a way of doing "headers_remove_all_execpt" ? I would
do this to provide the facility to strip out all headers except a group of
standard ones, which I would rewrite as I wished. headers_remove doesn't let
me remove headers that I don't know about.

2. Political; How can I continue to provide traceability between the final
message (with just one Received: header etc.) and the removed headers ? Can
the removed headers be logged somewhere ?

I am not trying to build an mail anonymiser or spam helper, so neither
extreme is desirable. I am mearly looking to offer the choive to our
customers on lists they create and manage, but also want to ensure that if
things going screwy, we can trace things back.

What do other do in these situations ?

rgds,
--
Peter Galbavy