RE: [Exim] Oracle & exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nathan Ollerenshaw
Aan: Paul Makepeace, exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] Oracle & exim
Moderator, please don't approve the previous message I sent from an
incorrect address...

Paul,

If you know C (or have a good friend who knows C and will work for beer)
look at the README file in src/lookups/README. The interface for writing
lookups is very well documented and easy to understand - and if you were to
submit an oracle lookup to exim, I'm sure you'd get a few cases of beer
yourself.

Just looking at the mysql.c lookup, it doesn't look like there is too much
"work" to be done, it would just take some time to develop, test and debug.
Also, Oracle make it harder for you because its a pain in the backside to
find their C libraries...

Just a thought...

Oh, it also occurred to me to look for a more open oracle library to make it
easier to add support into exim, and I came across this:
http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-poitscka/

This looks like it's a fairly robust and mature library for Oracle 8 that
allows you to do all the sorts of things you'd expect.

Nathan.