Re: [Exim] timeout on client connect

Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Jakub Ambrożewicz
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] timeout on client connect
[mailed and posted]

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, [iso-8859-2] Jakub Ambro¿ewicz wrote:

> When i try to send any mail, no matter how small through exim from
> remote computer [...] i have to wait over 60 seconds before it
> responds.

Is there a firewall in between which is blackholing "ident" requests?

Look in the

rfc1413_query_timeout

configuration option in the documentation.

But I am far from certain that this is the problem you are experiencing,
since if it were you would be getting a 30s delay and not a 60s delay.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html