[Exim] Content filter

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Hana Breyer Priselac
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Content filter
Hello,

I really like this list, ever since I got good answers to some beginners
questions of mine. Now I have some more questions. Aplologise for the length
in advance.

I need to scan all incoming mail and be very restrictive about what comes
in. (Company policy) I've used the _very_nice_ Generic Windows Executable
Content filter found on www.exim.org . Nice filter for most people, but not
for those using non-ascii characters in filenames.

Like, here, in Croatia, we often use ISO-8859-2 for encoding. When I create
a file named Pročitajte.doc (wonder what this will look like for people with
mail readers that don't support ISO), Outlook makes a header like this:

The same happens when I have an executable, Čiča.exe (if you can't read
this, that is an exe file with ISO characters in name, nothing unusual)
becomes:

As you may notice, no trace of "exe" is left around and the SYSTEM FILTER
DOESN'T RECOGNISE it.

If anyone has any idea how to filter executables with non-ascii names -
help!

Hana Breyer Priselac
sysadmin