Re: [Exim] Wish List Item: $rbl_name

Top Pagina
Auteur: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Wish List Item: $rbl_name
Philip Hazel [Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 05:17:22PM +0000]:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> > Frank Elsner [Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 04:58:58PM +0100]:
> > > An idea which came up when customizing prohibition messages:
> > > It might be useful to have
> > >                            $rbl_name         containig the RBL name
> > > available besides $rbl_domain and $rbl_text.

> > Nice idea - only, the rbl_text (which returns the TXT record) generally
> > contains a URL pointer like http://www.mail-abuse.org/[rbl/rss/dul] which
> > makes it rather clear _which_ blacklist the connecting server is listed on.

> It must have been a long day. I'm being thick. What do you want in
> $rbl_name that is different to $rbl_domain? If you have $rbl_domain set
> to rbl.maps.vix.com (say), what else do you want? I don't get it...

Nope - I dont want the option, for the reason I pointed out above. Frank
Eisner (above) likely rejects mail based on multiple blackhole lists (rbl,
rss, dul, orbs, whatever) and wants his logs to show which blackhole list
bounced which mail.

     -s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org
"What separates normal people from kooks is how they react when people disagree