Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines

Top Pagina
Auteur: Vadim Vygonets
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines
Quoth Philip Hazel on Tue, Feb 20, 2001:
> BSDI netstat uses                dot
> FreeBSD netstat uses             dot

I'd just call it 'BSD' or '4.4BSD', because none of them changed
it, AFAIK.

> Plan 9 uses                      exclamation mark

In options to various programs, as in 'telnet tcp!sashimi!25'.
Netstat on Plan 9 says simply:

tcp  38   vadik      Established  11730      ftp        sashimi.foo.bar

> Anybody seen anything else?

Not me...

> On that basis, I don't think dot is really such a bad idea after all.

Choose a character, any character... Damn, it's taken.

Vadik.

--
If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when