RE: [Exim] retry rules for bounce messages

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: O.Cook
Para: stern
CC: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] retry rules for bounce messages
Bernard,

Clearly it would be best to block the spam, but this is inevitably not
possible in _every_ case.

Therefore what I am looking for is an option, or a retry rule perhaps,
that would make outgoing bounce messages for these spam not have their
delivery treated the same as normal outgoing messages.

To clarify, the bounce message that is being sent out is of the form "no
such user here", and is not being delivered because the return address
on the spam is invalid. I'm just trying to prevent having messages in
the spool for unnecessarily long periods.

I would prefer for these bounces to only have their delivery attempted
for a day at most, rather than the default week that the rest of my
outgoing messages are tried for.

My initial reaction was to set a retry rule of the form "<>@* * F,1d,2h"
but that isn't a solution it would seem.

Thanks,

Ollie