RE: [Exim] retry rules for bounce messages

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bernard Stern
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] retry rules for bounce messages
On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:25:10 -0000 O.Cook@??? wrote:

> Is it possible to make a retry rule for bounce messages, such that they
> don't stay on the queue for too long? My main concern is bounce messages
> from incoming spam, that will never get delivered back to the fake
> sender address.

> Thanks,

> Ollie

I'd suggest you best don't accept such mail at all, reject it
at RCPT TO. Chapters 45 and 46 of the exim spec document. Or
is there something that I did not understand in you message?

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???