Re: [Exim] How to get rid of bounces on a secondary MX?

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] How to get rid of bounces on a secondary MX?
On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:14:44 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Marc Haber wrote:
>> This seems to work when I try exim -bh, but the recipients are failed
>> with "550 cannot route to <$local_part@$domain>". Can I pass my own
>> error message to the remote side of the SMTP connection?
>
>RTFM prohibition_message.

prohibition_message isn't expanded when a queryprogram router returns
FORCEFAIL.

What does exim do with the string returned behind FORCEFAIL? The docs
say that "the remainder of the line is an error message explaining
what went wrong". Wouldn't it be natural to have this returned to the
remote side in the SMTP dialog?

Greetings
Marc