Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Tony Crawford, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines
On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 09:35:07AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On that basis, I don't think dot is really such a bad idea after all.

Since this started with a forward of mine, let me say that I have no problem
in the dot.
My only concern was having the port number appended to the IP address.
Whether it's a dot, a colon, a comma or a parenthesis, it will still break
things that check IPs in received lines.

        ([10.1.0.4] helo=mail.valinux.com ident=mail)
        by magic.hdqt.valinux.com with esmtp (Exim 3.22 #1 (Debian))
        id 14VQYf-0000fO-00

That's why my original suggestion was to have
[10.1.0.4] helo=mail.valinux.com port=xxx
so as not to break things that read the IP from []

How the port number is shown in other places than mail headers doesn't
really make a big difference to me, dot is fine as far as I am concerned :-)

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key