[Exim] domainlist router query

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Alex King
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] domainlist router query
I have a number of dial-up servers where a smarthost is configured
using the domainlist router with the following rule in the route list:

* smtp.myisp.com byname

The example in the domainlist docs listed a similar setup but using
bydns_a instead of byname. I reasoned that it might be useful to be
able to override the mail server address by using /etc/hosts from time
to time to deal with tempoary mail server or dns problems

however, I'm going to switch it back to bydns_a, because under the
current setup I am getting a lot of frozen messages when the
smtp.myisp.com lookup fails. The servers are dial-on-demand, but at
times a connection cannot be made for whatever reason, and the dns
lookup fails.

What I am assuming, is that when exim does a byname lookup it is not
distinguishing between temporary dns failures and an unknown host
return, but that bydns_a does... Actually, looking at GETHOSTBYNAME(3)
and the more I think about it this seems unlikely, but I would welcome
any comments about this assumption.

Alex

From the log:
2001-02-15 10:09:57 14T9BV-0003iP-00 <= user@???
H=box71.internal (mfrew) [192.168.2.71] P=smtp S=832
id=3.0.6.32.20010215100956.007976c0@???
2001-02-15 10:12:40 14T9BV-0003iP-00 == user@???
R=mail_routing defer (-1): lookup of host "mail.isp.co.nz" failed in
mail_routing router
2001-02-15 10:12:40 14T9E8-0003jC-00 <= <> R=14T9BV-0003iP-00 U=mail
P=local S=590
2001-02-15 10:12:40 14T9BV-0003iP-00 Frozen