Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tony Crawford
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Tony Crawford wrote:

> Me too (if indeed the whole business is necessary).

People tell me that in the NAT world, it is necessary. However, it *is*
optional in Exim. You don't have to have it.

> The telnet
> command line at least takes a space before the port number.

Showing yet another convention. After some research, this is what I now
know:

Telnet uses                      space
Solaris netstat uses             dot
HP-UX netstat uses               dot
Digital Unix netstat uses        dot
IRIX netstat uses                dot
BSDI netstat uses                dot
FreeBSD netstat uses             dot
Linux netstat uses               colon
Several other applications use   colon
Plan 9 uses                      exclamation mark

Anybody seen anything else?

On that basis, I don't think dot is really such a bad idea after all.