Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Philip Blundell, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines
On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Or use "p" instead of "-" perhaps.
>
> I almost suggested that myself, but when I looked at it, I didn't
> actually like it. I think the '-' stands out more clearly, but YMMV and if
> lots of people prefer 'p' I don't feel that strongly.

I have no strong feelings about it either way. It would be great if there
were some good established convention to adopt, but appearently there
isn't.

The concern about "-" is that it might look like a number range. Now I
know that a range of IP addresses makes no sense in that context, we are
trying to avoid ambiguity.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg