Re: [Exim] Help: external command for condition

Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Phil Pennock
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Help: external command for condition
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Phil Pennock wrote:

> Hi, [ I'm resubscribed to the list ]
>
> We'd like to use an external command's exit status for triggering a
> director. Yes, we know about the potential overhead. :^(
>
> Short of embedding Perl and using a perl function which does system(),
> is there a way of doing this?
>
> Failing that: Philip, how much hassle would a
> ${command{pathname}{argv0}{argv1}...}
> expansion item be, please?

${command{pathname}{{env0}{env1}...}{{argv0}{argv1}...}} ?
Or can anyone see a better way of controlling the environment ?

I'm tempted to say "security", but I can't justify it.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna