[Exim] `filtering' outgoing mails

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tamas TEVESZ
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] `filtering' outgoing mails
Hi,

we run a freeweb service here, who also allows running cgis; thus
outgoing spam has always been a PITA. now i found something out that i
think could help reduce the problem (no, the classical baseball
bat-based solution simply doesn't work): what if i could somehow tell
exim to keep a cache of the recipient addresses (talking outgoing
mails here!), practically together with some other infos which could
identify a message, and if the rate for message/recipient goes over a
specified threshold, then exim would just silently discard the
messages (rejecting them, queueing them, freezing them and anything
else that might require user interaction is not a viable method), or
move it to a special queue, or send them to a special address, or
anything.

i'm now at writing some perl code to achieve that (haven't yet managed
to get far, though). my question is kindof twofold: is it doable at
all, is it reasonable to to this way, if not, how could it be done if
at all; if i'm looking at the right direction, how do i achieve this
(ie, where and how do i insert my perl calls and the like)?

in short, i'm kind of totally lost :)

thanks for any help,

--
[-]
So, you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.