[Exim] slightly OT - Exim and Mailman

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: P.A.Osborne
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] slightly OT - Exim and Mailman
Good Morning.

We are currently looking at replacing majordomo at UKC with
Mailman using Exim as the MTA. For the project proposal I
need to put in a bid for the pennies for new hardware.

Bearing in mind that we currently have around 1000 lists,
and burst 2100 messages  to lists yesterday, I need to work
out a spec for the hardware.

I need to spec Sun hardware as thats what we tend to use, at
the moment an Ultra5 256MB RAM with an extra 36GB SCSI disk
to hold archives, digests and users settings looks reasonable
to me.

At the moment similar hardware is bursting a local list of
1000 users in around 10 seconds - similar performance with mailman
would be required.

However at present I have no clue about how well it performs
either at bursting lists or speed of the web interface (which
my users would like) on this hardware.

So if any of you who run Mailman with Exim could comment on whether
this sort of spec is likely to be agreeable/suitable/waste of space
etc they would be greatfully received.

Also if there are any gotchas that are not as obvious as they could
be for this specification as well as running Exim with Mailman
together please feel free to let me know.

Finally before anyone says RTFM - I have. :-)

Many thanks for your time.

Paul Osborne
UKC Computing Service