Re: [Exim] Quota block after RCPT TO

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: I. Forbes
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Quota block after RCPT TO
On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, I. Forbes wrote:

> As for finding out the information, you would need to determine
> which (if any) append file transport was going to deliver the
> message and to which mailbox. Then check that mailbox's quota
> status at that particular moment.

Quite. That's what's not simple. For example, the delivery logic might
depend on the contents of the message - e.g. a filter file might inspect
the header lines - so you can't actually determine where a message is
going to be delivered until you have received the whole message.

> PS: If you are thinking about Exim 4, the most common request that
> we get that Exim can't do (but M$ Exchange can) is to have
> different limits for the size of messages sent by different users. I
> can't think of an easy way to do that short of running multiple
> instances of exim on different ip's or ports.

You could bounce over-large messages in a system filter. After all, Exim
has to receive the entire message in order to determine its size. (The
SIZE= option on the MAIL command may be a lie.)

I'll also think about possible other ways of handling this.