Re: [Exim] can't currently verify any sender in the header l…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] can't currently verify any sender in the header lines
At 14:32 -0800 2/9/01, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>The only thing that ticks me off is people who refuse all Email if the HELO
>domain doesn't match the name linked to the reverse lookup of the IP you're
>connecting from (Hello, NAT anyone!!!)

We had a neighboring provider recently add ORBS checking. Our server
started using their fourth and last listed mail exchanger (for unrelated
reasons)...that mail exchanger turned out to be on the ORBS list. (The
other three are in-house.)

So...they found themselves blocking mail from their listed backup MX. And
we got to answer the "why doesn't my mail to xxx go through?" question.

A pretty good case of shoot-self-in-foot. ;-)

--John