Re: [Exim] Filtering and SMTP processing questions

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Christian Balzer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Filtering and SMTP processing questions
First of, thanks for the reply. Exim is really one of the best
supported pieces of software I ever worked with.

Philip Hazel wrote:

>> 2. What would be an elegant lookup for a list of people who don't want
>> that filter (that list would be a standard file with one address per line).
>
>if ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/the/file}{yes}[no}} is yes then ...

Ah, my poor mechanical brain might have been able to create something
like that of as well, the puzzler for me is in the need of having
to look up both local_part and domain. Lemme elaborate:
The mail system here consists out of 8 machines, the ones of concern
for this are the 2 MXs and 2 mailbox machines. We have a LOT of
virtual domains (570 at this moment) which get eventually mapped to
uniquename@??? mailbox addresses. But I need to be able to filter
and RBL/reject things on the MXs, not just because that's the right
place (early on and will prevent for example forwarding of SPAM to
somebody's mobile phone mail) but mostly since it needs to be filtered
based on the ORIGINAL local_part and domain it was received for.

An address lists file is thus the obvious choice, as I can feed it
to recipients_reject_except and it can be easily obtained from our
database. And of course I would like to use that file for the filter
exception, too. (right now the only choice for the users will be
SPAM ON or OFF ;)

>> 3. At what time are the RBL warning headers added to a mail?
>
>When it is being received.

So if I turn all kind of RBL warnings I could filter on them according
to individual settings later on the central filter director. Neat.

Dewa,

<CB>
--
Christian Balzer        Network Engineer        Engineering
chibi@???       Exodus Communications K.K.