Solved: Re: [Exim] stop replies back to spammers (and ignor…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jeremy C. Reed
To: exim-users
題目: Solved: Re: [Exim] stop replies back to spammers (and ignore_errmsg_errors_after)
Philip,

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> IIRC (and I may not!) the reason that things changed for Exim 3.20 was
> that ignore_errmsg_errors_after was timing from the time of last freeze,
> not from the time of reception. This meant that it interacted badly with
> auto_thaw, because the message kept being thawed and re-frozen, and so
> was never timed out by ignore_errmsg_errors_after. In 3.20 it times from
> message reception.

Thanks! I believe you do recall correctly :)

I read the spec for a later version and it explained it a little
differently. I guessed that the auto_thaw restarted the time, so last
night I tried:

auto_thaw = 8h
ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 2h
## now trying a time less than half of auto_thaw time

And it worked! Within a few hours I had over 20 messages stopped.

I had tried at least 10 different combinations with no consistent success.

Thanks again for Exim. And I look forward to reading your book.

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/  -- BSD news and resources
  http://www.isp-faq.com/    -- find answers to your questions