Re: [Exim] stop replies back to spammers (and ignore_errmsg_…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] stop replies back to spammers (and ignore_errmsg_errors_after)
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Funny! The information was in the exact email you replied to. I guess
> this shows how busy you really are :)

Yup, and getting old, and brain-faded. Sorry.

> Before I upgrade, let me share two examples. (I am using a Debian
> package, so I may just wait for the Exim 3.22 debian version.) A part of
> my exim.conf is also below.

IIRC (and I may not!) the reason that things changed for Exim 3.20 was
that ignore_errmsg_errors_after was timing from the time of last freeze,
not from the time of reception. This meant that it interacted badly with
auto_thaw, because the message kept being thawed and re-frozen, and so
was never timed out by ignore_errmsg_errors_after. In 3.20 it times from
message reception.