Re: [Exim] Getting lists of users from odd databases?

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Yann Golanski
CC: D.M.Chapman, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Getting lists of users from odd databases?
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Yann Golanski wrote:

> > Dumping the data to a series of mail lists seems to be unecessary duplication
> > of data. Using the live data gets around all of these problems is only I
> > could work out how to do it :-) The idea of using the suffix of the email
> > addr to create a simple query would be icing on the cake. Exim seems
> > to have had an answer for everything I have wanted so far - surely I
> > can't have beaten it can I? ;-)
>
> Not really duplication. One tool for one job really.

It's not duplication. It's "caching to enhance performance". <grin> A
common technique. Not only does it enhance in terms of speed, it
enhances because it doesn't go away whan your backend database is down.

But if you really want to hack up an interface to some non-standard
database, it might be something you could hack up a backend for slapd
for, and then access it using LDAP.