Re: [Exim] Quota block after RCPT TO

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: I. Forbes
Para: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Quota block after RCPT TO
Hello Philip

On 14 Feb 2001, at 9:37, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, I. Forbes wrote:
>
> > I would like to block incoming mail with a 500 error message after
> > the RCPT TO command and a "no room in user's mailbox"
> > message, after the quota limit of say 10 mB + one message has
> > been reached.
>
> This is not possible in Exim. (Basically because there isn't a
> convenient way of finding the information. Also because several messages
> may be arriving at once.)

I don't think that simultaneous deliveries is a major problem. Let's
just redefine the limit as "x mB + one or a finite number of
simultaneous deliveries". The object is to stop the floods, not the
leaks.

It may still possible to use operating system or append file transport
mechanisms to bounce the few extra messages that get through if
you want to close that loop hole.

As for finding out the information, you would need to determine
which (if any) append file transport was going to deliver the
message and to which mailbox. Then check that mailbox's quota
status at that particular moment.

I have no idea what would be required to get exim to do that!

> I've made a note to think about the problem for Exim 4.

I will look forward to that.

Thanks

Ian

PS: If you are thinking about Exim 4, the most common request that
we get that Exim can't do (but M$ Exchange can) is to have
different limits for the size of messages sent by different users. I
can't think of an easy way to do that short of running multiple
instances of exim on different ip's or ports.

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 +21 683-1388 Fax: +27 +21 64-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa