Re: [Exim] Outlook 2000, TLS, and SMTP Auth

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Donald Thompson
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Outlook 2000, TLS, and SMTP Auth
Do you offer standard POP3 service?

Is it encrypted?

If not, you've got passwords going over in cleartext anyway.

Not to mention that unless you are the CIA no one is going to try and
bother sniffing passwords anyway..

SSL (HTTPS/etc) is often more of a waste of effort than not.

Sure, So called 'E-commerce' sites have to have it for appearances sake
(ONLY), but more often than not the credit card number that was
received over https in a very short TCP session is then emailed in the
clear to the person receiving the orders, where it sits in a mailbox
for some time.