RE: [Exim] Sendmail out Exim IN... Wait it won't work anymor…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Paul Walsh
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Sendmail out Exim IN... Wait it won't work anymore.
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Paul Walsh wrote:

> [...]

Yes. Of course. Sorry. I got that backwards. Thanks for pointing that
out.

What's really embarrasing is that I actually make this mistake "in real
life" far to often as well as on mailing lists. Even after decades of
making this mistake I still get it wrong on occassion. Fortunately I tend
to mv the thing thats in the place of the link first, so my errors are
very quickly discoverable and fixable.

I only do this for "ln -s". I think I'd better just write a "softln"
command that has the syntax that follows my intuitions, which is

softln arg1 arg2

which is make arg1 a pointer to arg2.

I never make this mistake with hard links, but it has to do with the
semantics of soft links that I shift "direct object" and "indirect
object".

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg