Re: [Exim] verify failure hangs SMTP dialogue ?

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Jonnie
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] verify failure hangs SMTP dialogue ?
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Jonnie wrote:

> I see a line like this in the main log
>
> verify failed for SMTP recipient nosuchuser@??? from <me@???> H=localhost (there) [127.0.0.1] U=whoever
>
> but it appears that the SMTP client doesn't get a 550 respose from exim ...
> (I telnet to smtp port to check) and the SMTP session just hangs until it times out.

That log line is written *after* Exim has sent the 500 error message.
I've done a small test and, to use the immortal words, "it works for
me". So there is something strange going on.

You might be able to get more information by using -bh instead of
telnetting in, and using -d9 as well to turn on full debugging. Then you
should get confirmation that Exim thinks it is sending the 550.

Alternatively, run the daemon for a bit with -d9 while you telnet in.