Re: [Exim] stop replies back to spammers (and ignore_errmsg_…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeremy C. Reed
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] stop replies back to spammers (and ignore_errmsg_errors_after)
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> > I am having problems stopping the continuing attempts to reply bounce
> > messages back to spammers who don't even exist. I want to try to reply
> > back if there is a bounce, but I don't want it to continue to try if there
> > are problems. I do not want to retry undeliverable bounce messages. (I had
> > an email to this list a month ago about this, but I never got it figured
> > out.)
>
> Set ignore_errmsg_errors[_after].

This is configured as explained in my previous email.

> > Any ideas on how I can get this "ignore_errmsg_errors_after" to work?
>
> It seems to work for me. Which release of Exim are you using?

My previous email said 3.12.

From your two questions, it appears you didn't receive my entire message.
My previous message has the exim version (3.12) and has details discussing
my usage of ignore_errmsg_errors_after.

Here it is:
http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20010205/024045.html

Thanks for your response. I am not sure what to check next.

If a message is expired using "ignore_errmsg_errors[_after]" is there a
specific logged message (that corresponds to
"ignore_errmsg_errors[_after]")?

Thanks,

  Jeremy C. Reed
     ISP-FAQ.com -- find answers to your questions
     http://www.isp-faq.com/