Re: [Exim] Urgent: Exim failing on production server

Página Inicial
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Whitney Williams
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Urgent: Exim failing on production server
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Whitney Williams wrote:

> Our production mail server has been working reliably up until yesterday, at
> which time the deliveries started failing. The associated error messages are
> nearly identical:
>
> <-- BEGIN LOG -->
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> Unfrozen by forced delivery
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> ** <email info removed> R=lookuphost T=remote_pipe: Child process of
> remote_pipe transport returned 134 (could mean shell command ended by signal
> 6 (Abort)) from command: /usr/bin/env
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> Frozen (delivery error message)
> <-- END LOG -->

> The return code 134 is constant -- although at times the command referred to
> is an in-house Perl script (which has worked flawlessly for months). Most of
> the time, however, the failing command is usually /usr/bin/env!?

From what I see the error occures when a message is piped to some command.
So is this happening with all deliviers? If so, why is every message
being piped to some script? Are you doing some virus checking? If so,
turn that off (and take a good look at how the script in invoked) to give
yourself some time to solve the problem.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html