Re: [Exim] headers_add with -qq not working?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] headers_add with -qq not working?
On 09-Feb-01 at 10:31:12 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, John Horne wrote:
>> A complicated one this one! With exim 3.22 it seems that if we send a
>> message via a director which uses the 'headers_add' option, then it works
>> if the message is subsequently 'forced' with the -q option, but not -qq.
>
> It will take some time to check this completely, and I can't do that
> just at the moment, but ...

No problem - as said (I think) we have changed the program to use -q instead
of -qq. We used the -qq simply as a performance tweak, but it is not
critical (we don't usually have that much queued mail).

>> Unfortunately the dreaded 'one_time' is in there as well. Sending a test
>> message with the '-d9 -qqRff' option showed it all going well, and then:
>
> I'm fairly sure it is the "one_time" option that is doing this. Have you
> tried without? The fact that one_time is set means that it won't be
> doing the directing the second time round. Hmm. I suppose that means
> that "one_time" should be disabled for the first pass of a -qq delivery.
> I'd overlooked that - a typical example of a new feature interacting
> badly with another feature.

I'll agree that I suspected it was something not interacting well with the
options. However, you should know that we run some funny directors here with
weird option combinations :-)

> If you find it works with one_time disabled, you might like to see if
> the patch below solves the original problem. Please let me know if it
> does.

With one_time disabled the problem still occurs. However, with the patch you
supplied, it all works fine.

Regards,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???