著者: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Quoted printables to 8bit
Quoth Jeffrey Goldberg on Fri, Feb 09, 2001:
> On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Ralf Sauther wrote:
> > sendmail can do an automatic conversion from quoted printables or base64
> > mails to 8bit. How can i do this on an exim mailsystem ? exim does not seem
> > to have this "feature" :-(
>
> May I ask why you want to do such an annoying thing? There must be a
> better solution to the problem it is designed to solve.

I never understood why sendmail converts MIME encodings of MIME
parts. IMO, tampering with bodies of messages in transit is Not
The Right Thing To Do[tm]. Converting to 8 bit it not the right
thing either, because some MTAs don't accept 8BITMIME.

Vadik.

--
Bell Labs Unix -- Reach out and grep someone.