Re: [Exim] can't currently verify any sender in the header l…

Página Inicial
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Marc MERLIN
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] can't currently verify any sender in the header lines
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> This _is_ a dirty hack and will probably trigger a callback loop if
> two servers with this patch talk to one another

As others have said, <> was invented for a reason. One of which is to
avoid loops. You ignore it at great peril. It won't just require another
sever with THIS patch running exim to cause a loop, but any other server
broken in a similar way.

People on this list have occassionally bemoaned the fact that with an
error report there was no real sender information provided somewhere.
But I think that that was a correct choice in the design of SMTP because
if the information were there, people would use it and loops would occur.

If you find that callbacks "need" this patch, then don't use callbacks.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html