Re: [Exim] can't currently verify any sender in the header l…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc MERLIN
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] can't currently verify any sender in the header lines
On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 09:07:08PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> > Why is this mail not being accepted?
> > In this case, exim complains that the header From's domain doesn't
> > resolve and maybe (I can't tell for sure from the error message) that
> > wwwac@??? isn't accepted by focazio.com's MX, but yet both are
> > false:
>
> You have turned on callback checking. The mailserver for focazio.com
> does not accept
>
> MAIL FROM:<>
>
> It says
>
> 502 Unimplemented command

Aaahhh, I get it.

> I suggest you complain to the postmaster.

Considering the amount in my logs, I'm afraid I don't have enough time in my
days to do this :-(

I'm not using the callback checking to punish people who can't read RFCs
(although it's sometimes tempting), but more to lower the amount of crap
that makes it through my mail servers.

I'm going to patch exim to do a MAIL FROM: <postmaster@???> instead.

Would you consider making that an option for a future release?

BTW, if you can tell me off hand which file I should edit, I'd appreciate
it (if not, don't worry, I'll look for it)

Thanks
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key