Re: [Exim] doing SSL (not TLS) on a certain port

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc MERLIN
CC: Jeffrey C. Ollie, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] doing SSL (not TLS) on a certain port
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> However an SSL wrapper is an additional process for each connection and exim
> is not getting the IP/port from the person who's really connecting to you.
> That's why built in support in exim would be better because we could ditch
> the SSL wrapper.

OK, so I haven't misunderstood. However, as it is not standard, and
appears to be required by client software that is no longer current, and
I am now working on Exim 4 - so there won't be another major Exim
release for some time (by which time the clients will be even less
current) - and there is probably no documentation for it, I am very
uninclined to do anything about it. If it is still a problem by the time
Exim 4 is released and stable, raise the issue again.